Now that FAIRNESS is officially a campaign issue, I’m in the mood for bitching about things that just aren’t equitable. Sure, it goes against one of my primary Parental Proverbs, something I worked hard to instill in my family — LIFE IS NOT FAIR. But since our society appears intent to correct the scales of justice, I thought that venting might be appropriate.
So without further ado, IT’S NOT FAIR THAT…
- Some people can eat what they want and never get fat.
- Only women suffer childbirth.
- Warren Buffet’s secretary makes somewhere between 200 and 500 K a year and people feel sorry for her.
- Mediocre writers make tons of money.
- Great writers go unrecognized.
- Your daddy is rich.
- OWS protesters can camp downtown for weeks, get free food, leave their crap lying around, and get praised for it, while I have to go to work.
- Somebody making a six figure salary gets to define what fairness is.
- Skin color matters at all.
- You get the Tootise Pop without the Tootsie center.
- More women read than men.
- Lawbreaking celebrities get community service instead of jail time.
- Lawbreaking politicians go to Club Fed instead of Bubba’s Cell.
- White men can’t jump.
- Other people win the lottery.
- Some people are born in Third World countries and others aren’t.
- Some people get cancer.
- I can’t do anything to make life fair-er.
OK. Anything you’d add to the list?